Payroll Tax Rebate Scheme – Jobs Action Plan
$5,000 for new jobs created after 1 July 2013!.
This program provides New South Wales (NSW) businesses with a payroll tax rebate when they employ new workers in new eligible employment.
This scheme has been extended to 30 June 2015 and the rebate increased from $4,000 to $5,000 for new jobs created after 1 July 2013. The rebate applies to the employment of an additional employee in a new job and will be paid in two parts:
– $2,000 will be paid at the end of the first year of employment.
– $3,000 will be paid at the end of the second year of employment.
For part-time employees, the rebate will be pro-rated based on full time equivalent hours of employment.
It is part of the NSW Government’s plan to target the creation of 100,000 new jobs in NSW from July 2011, 40,000 of which are anticipated to be prioritised for non-metropolitan areas and the remaining 60,000 for metropolitan areas.
Eligible applicants must be registered as an employer and paying payroll tax under the Payroll Tax Act 2007. Employers are required to register the employment of a person in a position that is a new job and advise the number of FTE employees immediately before the position was filled.
Registration may be made:
– By an employer who is registered and paying payroll tax.
– Within 30 days after the employment to which the application relates first commences.
Eligible employment must:
– Be a person employed, full-time or part-time, in a position that is a new job.
– Commence on or after 1 July 2011.
– Be maintained for a period of at least two years.
– Be performed wholly or mainly in NSW.
Office of State Revenue
Phone: 02 9689 6200