Category: Litter Prevention Grants Program
The Litter – Regional Implementation Program (L-RIP) objective is to support Regional Waste Groups and Voluntary Waste Groups to deliver effective litter prevention projects that best address regional needs outlined in their Regional Waste Strategies. Projects will also contribute to achieving NSW goals in long-term litter reduction.
More specifically, the objectives of Litter – Regional Implementation Program (L-RIP) are to:
- build long term capacity of councils to tackle litter (including knowledge of effective evaluation, project planning and program delivery)
- support the development of high quality, innovative multi-year Regional Litter Implementation
- Plans to deliver tangible projects identified in Regional Waste Strategies support the delivery of regional litter projects that contribute to achieving NSW or any local targets
- encourage regional partnerships that build capacity to deliver effective regional litter prevention projects
- integrate EPA-developed litter prevention tools and resources into the delivery of regional programs, where appropriate.
- Its is a two staged application process. Click here to download the Guidelines.
- Amounts: L-RIP Total of $1.3 million (open); Round 2 Grants Total $2.4 million (closed); Round 1 Grants Total $372,000 (closed)
Eligible bodies: Local councils and regional waste groups
Contact: (02) 9995-5000 or litter [dot] prevention [at] epa [dot] nsw [dot] gov [dot] au
Closing Date: Open for applications until 5 pm 23 October 2015
Managed by: NSW Environment Protection Authority